3D 1080 DLP projector

fusioncell

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I currently have a Optoma HD20 and am looking to move to a 3D projection system for playing my Playstation 3.

I have been looking around and have found this
Buy BenQ MP777 DLP Projector*9H.J0577.Q4E from CCL - Online Retailer of the Year 2008, 2007 & 2006 for laptops, desktops and computer hardware
I am not sure if it is actually any good? Will it do what I require? Can anyone recommend anything better? I am looking to spend around the £1000 mark as that is how much I have saved (poor student). I am looking to get a DLP if possible as I prefer them to LCD.

The HD20 is my first projector so I am still learning. I don't have a screen as I have flat white walls in my room. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Edit: Also I was wondering can anyone recommend shutter glasses? Will any glasses work with any projector?

The only full hd 3d projector at the moment is by LG and its around $10,000. Not seen in on sale anywhere at the moment. It was demonstrated in CES 2010.

Most other 3D ready projectors have 120hz refresh rate that is what is required for displaying 3d images. At present I know of the Optoma HD67 and the Acer H5360. Neither of these support 3d blu ray/sky 3d at the moment. They may in the future with additional hardware.

The only system that seems to be compatible with 3d ready projectors at present is Nvidia Vision 3D, which i believe you need to run through your PC first and then onto the projector.

I'm desperate to enter the 3D projector world, but at present I'm going to wait until these become compatible with 3D Blu-Ray and Sky 3D.

Hope that helps?

it sorta helps. I am just a bit confused after seeing that projector.

it sorta helps. I am just a bit confused after seeing that projector.

Just read the link. It seems to work exactly the same as Optoma and Acer 3D Ready projectors.

Check out Nvidia 3D Vision and it will explain everything. It looks like this Benq does not support 3D Blu ray/ Sky 3D either.

It's due to the way the image is sent by the player/hd box. I believe that Sky sends images Side by Side, and therefore the projector cannot display these images. As mentioned earlier, they are looking to bring out additional hardware which will make the 3D ready projector compatible with blu ray/sky.

It's still very much in its infancy yet, and we are all waiting to get hold of 3D projectors!

The PS3 doesn't work with DLP-link projectors, my PS3 doesn't recognise my optoma 3D projector (not that I expected it to) as it is only HDMI 1.3.

Your best bet is to wait and see what happens in the world of 3D before wasting your money at the moment.

The PS3 doesn't work with DLP-link projectors, my PS3 doesn't recognise my optoma 3D projector (not that I expected it to) as it is only HDMI 1.3.

Your best bet is to wait and see what happens in the world of 3D before wasting your money at the moment.

So is the PS3 mat????

From what I've read the PS3 'asks' the display if it's 3D capable when you run the PS3 HDMI setup. So yes, the PS3 is 1.3 and you don't need 1.4 for 3D to work but can any 1.3 displays say 'yes' at the moment?

You'd think to get 3D taken up they'd make it flexible but seems they'd rather lock out existing devices that don't meet the 'spec'

Thats so annoying. I played it on a 3D bravia tv at my local sony store and it was amazing. Is it gonna end up like VHS and BetaMax. or HD-DVD and Blu Ray, two techs and one will become standard?

From what I've read the PS3 'asks' the display if it's 3D capable when you run the PS3 HDMI setup. So yes, the PS3 is 1.3 and you don't need 1.4 for 3D to work but can any 1.3 displays say 'yes' at the moment?

You'd think to get 3D taken up they'd make it flexible but seems they'd rather lock out existing devices that don't meet the 'spec'

My HD66 says yes to the Samsung C6900 3D Blu-ray player over a 1.4HDMI Cable, the player recognises the HD66 as a 3D display after 3D set up, but the projector just cannot display the disc, only grey and black fuzz is displayed with the soundtrack playing.

Can you change the output resolution of the Samsung when it is in 3D mode.
The projector will only do 3D up to 720p it doesn't work with 1080. Also can you change the way the 3D is sent to the projector, I think it needs frame sequential for the DLP-link.

Can you change the output resolution of the Samsung when it is in 3D mode.
The projector will only do 3D up to 720p it doesn't work with 1080. Also can you change the way the 3D is sent to the projector, I think it needs frame sequential for the DLP-link.

No you can only select in the player menu, Automatic, 2D or 3D. The player detects the projector as a 3D device, but thats about it. :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom