3D/1.4 HDMI Amp required, advice please!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by spikecast, Nov 27, 2010.

1. spikecast

spikecast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +699
    Hi all, wanting to part with my Sony DH800 AMP and get something to pair with my Onkyo HTP 528 speakers - Onkyo Europe - SKS-HT528 which I am more than happy with so I'm only wanting an amp that's on par with my Sony but has to allow for 3D passthrough. I'm a newb when it comes to this sort of thing, I was thinking of the Sony DH810 but not sure how old that is? If someone could give me some advice that would be great, I'm prepared to spend £300ish but want something on par with what I had before, don't want to step back and something that works nicely with my speaker setup! Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    The STR-DH810 is this year's model and was launched in the summer, so it should remain the current model until next summer at least. Otherwise, with Onkyo speakers, the obvious choice would be an Onkyo.

3. spikecast

spikecast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +699
    Thanks mate, will probs stick with a Sony, been very happy with my DH800 and it works well with my speakers :) Will give Richer Sounds a bell and see if they have any stock, a friend is going to buy my 800 off me for £150 so it won't cost me much for the upgrade!