1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3component-vga & toslink-phono?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by NEXUS-6, Nov 16, 2004.

1. NEXUS-6

NEXUS-6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have any experience or buying tips regarding the following 2 issues?

1) 3component to vga video lead for connecting A-V receiver (YamRXV640) to projector (X1). I've seen a 10metre one on beststuff.co.uk made by HAMA - any thoughts? Are there better alternatives out there? I only relly need 7metres max.

2) FOC820 digital-phono to digital-toslink converter (again on beststuff.co.uk). This is to connect my YamRXV640 to a Pioneer370 DVD which only has a PHONO digital-output but the 1 phono digital-input on the Yam640 is required for a CD player. Am I better off changing the DVD player (Richer Sounds sold me both A-V and DVD last week) for one with the TOSLINK connector or buying the FOC820? Anyone tried such a converter - what are the effects on the signal?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Re the VGA connector - see my "Hint" post in this section. Basically, you can get a VGA to BNC component cable for about £12 from Ebuyer.com, then it would be an easy matter to extend the individual component cables.