Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by oldnovice, Sep 11, 2007.

1. oldnovice

oldnovice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    just bought a 3910 (£300) to replace my 2800 mkII & to go with my 3805
    all i can say is i was impressed when i got the 2800 but the 3910 !!
    wow the clarity in the colours is night & day
    looking to buy an HDMI cable & link it to my tv.
    have monster component cables at the mo with a marks cable coaxil:smashin:
    didnt get the denon link 3 cable though as bought it 2nd hand .

Q. do u think i should purchase a link cable or keep it as is?
    & is the link compatible with the 3805

2. Selfar

Selfar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you mean the D link Cable, just go ahead and buy it. It is compatible with the 3805. Through this link you will be able to enjoy the DVD Audio and SACD in the digital format. The link is also capable of transferring (XXthe Video signalXX) all Audio signals from the 3910 to the 3805. You will have only one cable instead of 3 at least. The only thing that you should make sure of that your 3910 is DL3 enabled. For more info about this just check the this thread Here's the 3910 hack (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page) in the AVFourms' DVD hake section.

3. LostCause

LostCause

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I'm not aware of the denon link passing anything other than audio. Although it will pass all the audio capabilities of the player. Identical in most respects to the Ilink connector except limited to only denon equipment.

If the 3910 came boxed then you should have had the cable included. Its a standard network cable which you can pick up at maplins or Pc world, or any other similar type place as a replacement. Denon do do a rather expensive one which really isn't worth the money.

As suggest by Selfar make sure its been upgrade to support DL3

4. Peter Galbavy

Peter Galbavy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I second that. Use the Denon Link for all audio but DO NOT buy a Denon Link specific cable.

See other threads, but any sheilded Cat 5e or Cat6 cable will work. Your local PC store, single-digit number of pounds...

5. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    I hate to say this but you may be better off with component! It is how I prefer to use my 3910, but that could well be my ALiS based plasma. Great using a V+ box though so like I said, don't be dissapointed if the result is not as you'd hoped.