• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3910 lip sync

mark.king

Standard Member
I have a 3910 (latest E firmware) a few weeks ago I bought a music dvd (bob marley legends) I noticed the lip sync was out but thought it was the dvd. I tried it another day and found it was ok. I hadn't seen this happen on any other dvd until I was playing return of the jedi for my son today and was choosing specific chapters and I noticed the lip sync was out again. I know the dvd is ok as when I watched this myself begining to end the other day it was fine. Also today I went to open the drawer after turning the 3910 on and it said open but nothing happened. I put back into standby and then tried again and it opened. Trouble with this type of fault is I may not be able to reproduce it on cue.

Anyone seen similar problems?

Cheers

Cable Monkey

My 3910 has done everything yours has at various times. It even refused to recognise DVD Audio disks at one stage. A mains reset has sorted everything.

btiltman

Standard Member
mark.king said:
Anyone seen similar problems?

Cheers

What video connection are you using? (Component, DVI, etc ?)

And is your video output set to interlaced or progressive on the 3910?

Regards,
Bill

mark.king

Standard Member
I'm using component (not progressive) The sync problem is not always there. In fact hardly there at all but has shown up a few times. The same dvd can then be ok next time. I have tried turning the machine off at the plug and haven't found it happening again yet but I dare say it will at some point

btiltman

Standard Member
mark.king said:
haven't found it happening again yet but I dare say it will at some point

If you press the 'Select' button on the remote make sure it is set to "DVI/HDMI OFF" as well. Good luck with it, lip sync problems are *really* annoying!

John G

Mark,
Could you let me know where you got the firmware upgrade from. Was it from Denon themselves?
Cheers, John

mark.king

Standard Member
I am still getting this problem and it only seems to be on music dvd's. The menu's seem to be getting slower and slower as well. Films seem to play back ok. I have checked the dvd's om my old dvd upstairs and no sync problems there. I'm connected to a 3805 via denon link. Any ideas or do you think I should take it back for a looking at?

Just a thought. I don't remember this happening before I got the 3805 and using denon link. I will try a digital link and see if the makes a difference

12 promises

HAVE YOU CHECKED THAT THE AUDIO DELAY ON THE 3805 HASNT BEEN ACCIDENTALY ADJUSTED. (0ms to 200ms)

mark.king

Standard Member
Well thanks again. I had a look at delay and read the manual for the 3805 and changed the delay from 0 to 100ms for the denon link input and it is bang on now. I got really confused with this as my old player in an amp I have in the bedroom has no problem with delays. Anyway this is ok now so.

Cheers :clap:

12 promises

You Should Note That You May Have To Adjust The Audio Delay Setting For Different Dvd's. Even Different Sound Formats...dd,dts Etc.
Also That Some Freeview Progs Are Susceptable To Lip Sych Probs But Once You Know How To Access The Menu To Adjust It Its Not A Problem.
Just Remember That Your New Setting Isnt A Once And For All Fix.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom