1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3910 hdmi problem - help!!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rdt123, Jan 18, 2005.

1. rdt123

rdt123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hi all

I'm running my denon 3910 into a 435xde by hdmi. Tonight when watching love actually (missus choice) the signal cut to the plasma twice. Once about half way through and again just before the credits. It came back after a second, showing hdmi input 3 as usual

May best theory is that at a layer transition the plasma detects this as a loss of signal. I'd better not be right!

Any ideas?

Rob

2. rdt123

rdt123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Can't be layer transition because playing from cold to that part of the film it doesn't happen. Looks like after a certain length of time?

3. rdt123

rdt123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    AnybodY?

4. awhb

awhb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What version firmware do you have? IIRC this was reported on some of the earlier versions.

5. rdt123

rdt123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I'm not sure how to check but if someone can tell me i'll post the numbers

cheers

6. awhb

awhb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To check the 3910's firmware version, do the following:

i) Switch the main power button off on the front of panel (NOT the standby button).

ii) With the player switched off, press and hold down both the [play] and [open/close] buttons together.

iii) Whilst holding the buttons down, switch the player back on and keep the [play] and [open/close] buttons depressed for about 3 seconds. Then let them go.

vi) With the remote control, when the display shows "LOADING", then press the following buttons, in order: [3] [2] [6] [5] [menu]

You should then see the player's firmware version displayed. Look for something like ESS-6720-n Where n is the firmware version increment. Latest I believe is either 5 or 6.

7. wam

wam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi rdt123
    I have same player/plasma as you and changing output on Denon remote between 1080 i and 720p sometimes switches the plasma into stand by.Spoke to tech depts at Denon and Pioneer and they both said they have never heard of such a thing happening.Try that and see if you get the same...that would be interesting !

8. rdt123

rdt123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Interestingly, whie switching inputs tonight, receiver went on standby whille plasma light was flashing as though receiver was off all together! Had to physically switch both off then back on!

Rob

9. wam

wam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Same as me plasma red standby light flashing had to turn off reciever to reset.Has only ever done this while switching the upscale buttons on the Denon remote.We will have to keep an eye on this but dont see it as a serious problem.Hey...what a great plasma screen/dvd combo pictures looks stunning via HDMI have been running mine since beg Dec and the pq seems to be getting better and better.Sky and freeview also look very good to my eyes.Awesome.

10. rdt123

rdt123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Firmware is version 4

Still the same problem, after exactly one hour of playback the hdmi signal cuts for a second then comes back, again after two hours.

Real pain this

11. awhb

awhb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe this is the problem that was fixed in either f/w 5 or 6. The current version is 7, although 8 is due soon. If you have/need multiregion then you should try 5 otherwise use 6. Both are available from Barend's download site. Version 7 is also multiregion but, is proving difficult to obtain other than from authorised dealers at present.

12. jrosado

jrosado
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi:

This seems the same problem that has affected users of the denon 3910 and the panny PT-AE700 projector. At the time, the problem was on the Panny projector, i think. It was a loss of sync between the player and the projector. it seems the same thing is happening with you.

Regards,

J. Rosado