1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3910 & hdmi 576i/480i possibility v sdi

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mark Antony, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Mark Antony

Mark Antony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Hi

I've just contacted Denon about whether the 3910 will be able to output interlaced pictures via hdmi in the future (presumably by a firmware update), as certain Pioneer and Arcam player's do - am awaiting a response....

....but was wondering if sending the digital picture this way offers any disadvantage over SDI - obviously the sdi mod for both dvd and image processor would be £500 plus - and destroy the dvd's warranty, so is there any significant picture quality to be gained from going sdi as opposed to hdmi interlaced if the player will have this option?

M

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Think it's all a bit new & a limited number of players allowing interlaced 4:2:2 over HDMI. Theoretically I can't see why there would be much of a difference if care is taken in the implementation. Guess we will have to wait to see side by side comparisons.

(Have an SDI Denon myself :D )