3910 D-Link Question

Soapy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just hooked up my 3910 to my 3806 and am in the process of getting all of the connections sorted out. However, I seem to have a problem with the Denon Link connection. I have hooked up the D-Link cable to the DVD player and the Amp, but when I go into the 3910 setup the Denon Link section is greyed out and I cannot get into it to select this option. (The Amp also tells me that there is no signal down the D-Link cable)

Is this something stupid I am (not) doing or a more serious problem?

Cheers
Soapy

Hi Soapy, Just had a quick scan at the (not very good) manual, on page 16 if you go into the digital interface menu and go to the denon link option there should be two choices off and 2nd or 3rd if you have the more up to date firmware (needed if you want to play sacd via denon link). If this is set to off (factory default) then choose the 2nd or 3rd option otherwise try disconnecting the cable and see if you can then gain access to the denon link option in the menu.

Once You Have Sorted Out The Dvd Player Go To Page 61 Of The 3806 Manual To Do The D-link Assign.
Menu 3...............,menu 3.1................go To Dvd.........toggle Until Dlink Appears.
Done.

The problem is that the Denon Link option within the Digital Interface menu is greyed out and I cannot move the cursor onto it to select it and change it - it is currently showing as off........looks like I might need to select another option to activate this one.......

Any thoughts? New firmware?

NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE 3910 MENU USED TO HAVE 2900 AND NOW HAVE A11.
AMSITTING WITH THE MENU UP NOW AND CANT GET THE DLINK OPTION TO
"GREY OUT" AT ALL.
ALL MY OTHER OPTIONS "GREY OUT" ONCE DLINK (IN MY CASE) IS SET TO 2nd.
IS YOUR AUDIO SETUP OPTION SET TO "SOURCE DIRECT"?
IF SO SET IT TO OFF AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

Have you got HDMI set to output multi-channel audio? It's been a while since I looked at the manual and only really scanned the D-link bit as i'm using a 3802 amp, but I think that you can't use D-Link at the same time.

Thanks for the input guys.....was able to fix the problem by doing a full rest on the DVD player, but making sure the D-Link cable was plugged in at re-start. I can now select the option within the menu and have set to 2nd (3rd does not appear - firmware upgrade required?)

This appears to have fixed the problem and I now have lovely surround sound coming through my system.

Thanks for all the input.:thumbsup:

Miniholic said:
Have you got HDMI set to output multi-channel audio? It's been a while since I looked at the manual and only really scanned the D-link bit as i'm using a 3802 amp, but I think that you can't use D-Link at the same time.
I think you are correct. I recall I had the same problem when setting mine up and I think it turned out that the audio was going through the HDMI and it won't do both together.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom