39" screen bargain

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by RobMcM, Aug 14, 2013.

1. RobMcM

RobMcM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've been going round in circles for days now: can anyone help me decide between these screens?

1. Philips 39PFL3008H (Pixmania, £319). Is this a cheap and nasty TV or is it a bargain?

2. Panasonic TX-L39B6B (Co-op Electricals, £349.99).

3. LG39LN540V (RS, £369.95).

4. Samsung UE37EH5300 (£349.99 from 'electronicworldtv.co.uk', but I'm not sure I trust the site or like the idea of 'graded stock'. Anyone experienced them? It's also 2" smaller.

Hopefully you can see my budget and main requirements from the above. My main criteria are: natural skin tones and deep blacks, nice Blu-Ray / HDTV performance, some ability to minimise motion blur for sport (F1 mainly, some football but it's not a deal-breaker), ability to play HD MKV files (and feed digital audio into my receiver - if it can do this then 2 HDMI ports are fine for me). It's replacing an old Samsung LE32R87, and so long as the picture looks better than this one does I'll be happy.

At the moment I'm leaning towards either the Philips or one of the Panasonics, but would appreciate any thoughts from you guys.

Thanks!