3808 Delayed??

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Was looking forward to getting the 3808 at the end of this month, but no one seems to have it yet. Phoned a few places and they are all very vague with the release dates and say it could be 4 weeks still.

Anyone know anything more concrete?

spooney

On Denon Germany both the 3808 and 4308 are listed as available by end of August. On the UK site they do not show up.
Seems you will have to wait for a while.

graeme04

I phoned Denon on Monday and they quoted the 3808 and 4308 being released "by end of August", but nothing more definite - can't wait :)

spooney

I phoned Denon on Monday and they quoted the 3808 and 4308 being released "by end of August", but nothing more definite - can't wait :)

Did they quote the year? ;)

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer

I phoned Denon today and the guy I spoke to was very tight lipped. Wouldn't even give me the slightest idea on the release date, just said I had to speak to my local dealer (which I did and they have no idea on release date). I was hoping to get this next week but looks like it might be a while yet.

graeme04

I phoned Denon today and the guy I spoke to was very tight lipped. Wouldn't even give me the slightest idea on the release date, just said I had to speak to my local dealer (which I did and they have no idea on release date). I was hoping to get this next week but looks like it might be a while yet.

:thumbsdow Doesn't sounds good, sounds like we may be kept waiting for the new models which would be a mistake on Denon part with other brands having firm release dates for their new models (or already out), may have to take another look at the new Onkyo range again.

J

jackal

I think that the problem here is that Onkyo, Sony and Pioneer have rushed to market with HDMI 1.3 amps/receivers with on board DD +, DTS HD MA, and D THD processing.

NOBODY has as yet given a definitive statement on how bitstream audio is going to be passed from player to receiver.

Maybe they are going to sit on the fence for a while and see how this pans out.

The ONKYO products are having quite a few issues at the moment as are the Pioneers.

I'd rather have a fit for purpose product than a rush job.

Despite my earlier protestations, I had decided to get a AVP-A1HD, however this has now been delayed until Q2 2008.

Makes you wonder what is going on? If it comes back at half the price I will be more than happy.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
But the 3808CI is already out in the US, so barring some minor changes the EU release is pretty much the same machine isn't it?

spooney

You are right but IMHO bringing a new model to market has a few challenges.
Like how many previous models are still at the distributors and with the dealers?
I am sure Denon and the dealers want to sell them off at the best possible price.
Please bear in mind the majority of the poeple do not know there is a new model being announced and they will go for the one being available.

As I wrote these models are listed on the German Denon site including their list price but currently are not even available for preorder.

My guess after the IFA in Berlin the dealers will open up for orders.

spooney

BTW: I just have noticed some of the Internet dealers in my area usualy having a bigger amount of 3806's and 4306's in stock have started to significantly reduce prices per today.

Dave777

Sometimes I think Denon needs to remember that we are the customer and without us early adopters they will not do as well. We need information and staying tight lipped is not always the best policy.

Dave

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Yeah? Where are you getting that from? Sweet if that's true! :thumbsup:

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Excellent news. So release by W/E 7/9. :thumbsup:

Dave777

I thought I heard it has been delayed for some time.

Not sure?

Dave

Dave777

What dealer are ypu using if you don't mind?

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Roku announces Express 4K streamer and new OS 10
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TCL reveals C82 Mini-LED and C72+ QLED TVs for Europe in 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
BAFTA 2021 awards sees Nomadland as big winner
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for May 2021