Quantcast

3805 speaker setup

P

punkjr

hi
can anyone tell what are the implications are, if any, of connecting speakers with different impedence (stereo 8ohm, centre 6ohm and surround 6ohm) to the 3805, in electrical terms and in regards to the sound? thanks in advance for any help.
tom

Mr Incredible

Distinguished Member
None whatsoever. The spec of the amp will aloow any speaker between 6 and 16 ohm to be connected in any combination on any of the channels. The amps accomodate the different loads automatically.

Timbo21

punkjr said:
hi
can anyone tell what are the implications are, if any, of connecting speakers with different impedence (stereo 8ohm, centre 6ohm and surround 6ohm) to the 3805, in electrical terms and in regards to the sound? thanks in advance for any help.
tom
AFAIK, if you have less ohms (impedance) you get higher output. More ohms reduces it, but I believe speaker sensitivity has an effect also.

By running the auto setup the 3805 will automatically calculate the correct level, via the microphone, for each speaker. So, it won't matter.

However, in terms of sound difference, having different impedance speakers implies they are of different brands/models. Whereas, it is not as important to have rear speakers matched to the fronts, it is, however, more important to match the front L + R with the centre. This is not because of differences in impedance, but for the actual tonal difference there may be when not using matching sets.

T.

P

punkjr

the l+r speakers are krix neuphonix and the centre is a krix centrix and I am told the they match up quiet well. the rears i am not too fussed about as you say as I am going for closed ceiling mounted. but thanks for the info, it has put my mind to rest.

Top Bottom