3805 speaker set up

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by marcusa, Mar 20, 2006.

1. marcusa

marcusa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I have just attached my new speakers (Monitor Audio GR60 fronts, Gold Centre, GR10's rear) to the 3805 and carried out the automatic EQ setup. Is that all I have to do, or are there other things I have to set up/check too?

For example should I set the size of the speakers (currently fronts and rears are set at large, centre is small)?

Should I have my rears plugged into the surround zone A, or the surround back?

Anything else I should check for?

Many Thanks
    Marcus

2. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,290
    If you have a 5.1 setup then plug the rears into the Surround A terminals. If you want 7.1 then you'd plug your two additional rear speakers into the Surround Back terminals.

With regards to the EQ you can either leave it as is or manually change the speaker sizes. I manually changed mine to all small, all bass to sub after the auto EQ set them all to large.

3. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,684
    You could always check the distances which the EQ calculated and compare to an actual physical measurement.

4. BUFFY FAN

BUFFY FAN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think you're supposed to set the sub cross-over before starting auto calibration. Mine is set to 80hz. It set all my speakers as large but I have just left the front left and right as large. Everything else small. You can change the mode. mine is set to normal. I thought this had more punch for movies than the others. When playing music I just switch it to pure direct though which bypasses the tone/bass settings etc. Have fun.:)