3805 / SKY+ Movies sound problem. HELP !

llanellijack

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had my Sky + box connected to my 3805 via an optical lead for the past year with no problems however recently I cannot seem to get any sound from SKY Movie channels 1, 2 or 3 ? The sound from the rest of the Movie channels is fine ? The sound from channles 1, 2 and 3 is fine when played back through my plasma via scart. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem ? I have noticed that the " PCM " box on my 3805 is not highlighted when Movies channels 1, 2 or 3 are selected yet appears when the rest of the Movie channels are selected. Hope you get my drift. Any help, anyone ?? :(

Have you got the Sky+ Box audio output set to Dolby Digital? Also make sure the 3805's Input Mode is set to AUTO as well.

Thanks for the reply. My SKY + audio output setting was set to Dolby Digital, changing this to Normal seems to have cured the problem ? Funny thing is, I've always had it set to Dolby Digital with no problems encountered in the past ? I'm a bit of a Newbie so a little confused as to what is going on ? Any explanations ? :rolleyes:

llanellijack said:
Thanks for the reply. My SKY + audio output setting was set to Dolby Digital, changing this to Normal seems to have cured the problem ? Funny thing is, I've always had it set to Dolby Digital with no problems encountered in the past ? I'm a bit of a Newbie so a little confused as to what is going on ? Any explanations ? :rolleyes:

Sky+ have just updated software. Maybe it's that?

My Sky+ is fine on my 3805, so either it's not a software update issue, or I have this problem to look forward to when mine is updated. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom