1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3805 Setting up

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by john R1, Nov 7, 2004.

1. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have bought a scart to composite lead to get the osd on the screen where do i plug it in on the 3805, also it looks quite complicated to set up i thought most of it was done via the supplied mic, is it easier that it looks to set up am i worrying over nothing ?

2. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    There will be a monitor output on the back - that's what I have on my 3802, but I run s-video as I use it for video switching.

From what I've read on here I think that you can just use the auto setup and leave it at that, or you can then manually tweek it further if you feel the need.

3. RohanM

RohanM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    There is a monitor input, as Miniholic says. It is an S-video connection-only (I think), at the very bottom of the row of S-vid connectors.

You can then just follow the instructions to use the auto-calibration, with the supplied mic, to get going (although you should check the subwoofer/LFE crossover freq, too). I found that this is an excellent starting-point, you can then play with the individual settings if you wish...

4. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    done it via composite output next to s-vhs connection, also now managed to get rear centre working when playing 5-1 dvds, still having fun with the remote LOL, tried blade 2 sounded very good being a 6-1 dts disc, watched sherk 2 reg 3 last night had to turn it up quite a bit soundtrack seemed a bit quite ?