1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3805 Remote and Sky+ tip

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Mr Incredible, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,889
    FWIW I had Sky+ installed this week and as a result I had problems with the learning function on the Denon remote using the DBS (Digital Broadcast Satellite) source for Sky. DBS is what I had used for my old Digibox and worked fine except that I couldn't get the "SKY" button to be learnt on the Denon remote.

With the Sky+ handset with many more buttons to accomodate on the Denon handset, I was struggling to get all the functions learnt, and besides I found that the Denon refused to recognise the "Record" button. :(

Then I tried using one of the two VCR sources.... not only did I then get play, stop, pause buttons etc on the Denon remote, the remote had no problem in learning the "Record" button from the Sky plus remote. In fact it learnt all the buttons fine, including the "Sky" button.

:smashin:

Hope that helps someone out there!!

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +894
    Good tip. Nice find. :thumbsup:

3. markfraser

markfraser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm really struggling to do this. Almost every button on the the Sky+ remote cannot be picked up properly by the 3805. It reports 'fail' for every button except the record / pause / play / stop and ONE of the number keys only. Any ideas?

4. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,889
    I had that problem but assumed it was how I was holding the units facing each other. I also thought it may have been due to extraneous light reflecting off one eor both of the IR fascias. I just swapped the units around (!!) held them close and the remote learnt the Sky+ no problems at all. I used VCR 1 for the "source". Try a new set of batteries as well. The Denon appears to be finnicky about battery strength.

HTH

5. markfraser

markfraser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yup, new batteries and (oddly) pressing the buttons on the Sky remote REALLY hard did the trick. Don't know why the latter was needed, but it was.

thanks for the help

6. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,889