• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3805 question.

J

John Langton

What is the AUTO light up on the display? I have read the instructions but cannot figure out what it is. I believe it is the auto input for the display out put but when I went into the menu to change the channel I was watching to component the AUTO light was still illuminated.

Also whilst Im here I have put up a post in the PS2 forum regarding DTS playback on the PS2 I cannot get it working although dolby Digital works fine. Anyone with a PS2 able to play a DTS signal whilst watching a film?

John

Jase

Distinguished Member
It's the Input Mode. This means it will lock onto any incoming audio signal and automatically decode it. It should be left on this all the time.

With regards to DTS have you enabled the PS2 to output a Bitstream signal for both Dolby and DTS? Also make sure you physically select the DTS audio track on the DVD Disc's Audio Options. The default tracks are usually Dolby.

J

John Langton

Thanks jase. That is the problem I think the playstion wont allow me to turn the DTS on it is shaded gray. Dolby digital and JPEG are set to on and they are highlighted blue showing they can be changed. Yes I have also gone into the DVD menu to select the DTS soundtrack

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom