3805 low volume output?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mik, Mar 26, 2006.

1. mik

mik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    My 3805 seems to have lost most of it's power output, I have to crank the volume up much more than I ever have before and now it seems to have lost its oomph too. It's been this way for a few days now, since I commented in another thread how happy I was with the amp :eek: Watching a movie last night and I had to turn the volume to -10 and that still wasnt very loud while with cd's I am now upto -15 and again not very loud, done a factory reset this morning and again still low volume.
    I have had the amp for well over 12 months so I know the volume levels pretty well and nothing has been changed other than I recently bi-amped the front speakers, is this why? Anyone know of simliar happenings while bi-amping with the 3805? btw still the same when reverting back to the standard setup

Any input appreciated

2. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,689
    If you are bi-amped, is there anyway you could have accidentally adjusted the second zone's volume? I suppose a reset would have sorted that though. Seems an odd
    problem!

3. twistedddx

twistedddx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty sure by default the 2nd zones volume is turned all the way down and must be manually adjusted up when you first go to use it.

4. BruceH

BruceH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Is it possible you shorted something / overloaded something when you bi-amped.
    Have you tried undoing the bi-amping to see if your volume recovers?

5. mik

mik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Guys

Cheers for the replys
    When I reset the reciever I reverted back to the standard setup taking out the bi-amping before doing so and the volume didnt recover back to as before. Perhaps I have overloaded it or something but I am gutted at the minute :(