1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3805 Auto Surround, Memory & modes: what a pity..

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Mr Incredible, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,840
    that although the 3805 can memorise the surround mode for each source, and can remember the mode settings, it does not allow different mode settings for each source.

Why is this a pity? Well, when I listen to DTS audio CD I use the CD as source (COAX1), I turn down the LFE to -10db for the DTS Surround mode because DTS audio cd's are mastered 10db hot on the LFE. The Denon manual recommends this setting.

The "problem" is then that if later or another day I watch a DTS movie with DVD as source (OPT1), the LFE should be at 0db for that mode. I now have to adjust the mode settings back to the normal ref level. A bit of a PITA.

I can't believe it would have taken up that much more memory to have the 3805, in addition to remembering the source mode which was last used on each source, have it also remember the mode settings for each source.

Just a (reasonable) suggestion!

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Unfortunately the Denon's class DTS/Dolby as one mode. It should however, store seperate settings for analogue and digital signals. Seems to be a bit hit and miss on my Denon with this though.

3. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,840
    I've put a call into Denon in the UK to see if they can unravel the mystery!! Watch this space......