1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3805 and osd

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by john R1, Nov 3, 2004.

1. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you get osd from 3805 via component output to my plasma, also is there any loss of pq if i plug my dvd via component into 3805 then run component from 3805 into my pw6b, also what would be the best way to plug my telewest box into 3805 also to output via component to screen

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    You can get the OSD on the 2805 to display via the component output so I would assume it is the same with the 3805 but it does not show on progressive scan mode. If however you go into setup during watching a progressive scan output the screen will switch to a non-progressive scan to show the menus on screen.

The best way to get the telewest box into the AVR would be via a RGB Scart to Component converter - I havent gotten round to testing these myself but most people on the forum highly recommend the one by http://www.js-technology.com/

3. freeranger

freeranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That explains this problem to me too.....is there any way to tell when it is in prog scan mode and can you switch OUT of it too?

thanks

4. ahin4114

ahin4114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Can't comment on the 3805, but I only noticed marginal change in the picture running my DVD through my 3803. To be honest I couldn't say whether the picture was better or worse, but it was certainly different.
    My wife and several friends however couldn't see any difference, so maybe I was just being picky :)

5. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,208
    I`ve got the same setup (see sig) and run my DVD player through the amp, I tried it direct and couldn`t tell any difference.

As for your cable box use an JS Tech RGB to VGA converter and use the VGA input on the Plasma, Then you can use the component input for dvd and any games consoles switched through the amp !

Cheers

6. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    having read the threads i presume there is a vga connection on the pw6b so
    i would be better getting the js rgb to vga box do i need to buy an expensive vga cable, also will i be able to get a long vga cable when plasma goes up on the wall

7. Santy

Santy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John R1 mate...

The best way of achieving your set-up is as previously eluded, get yourself a Component BNC board (with Shared SVHS) for the Plasma, about £50 and simply plugs in the back of P6...

Telewest, into a JS Tech converter (£140 - 150), coverter into amp, amp to plasma using "Component RCA to Component BNC" lead. Job Done, and superb quality.

My mate P6 runs like a dream and that's exactly how my P7 will be set-up.

It all arrives at lunch time today - Jurassic Park :clap:

8. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    already have component rca board on my plasma which is connencted to my dv89 still not sure about js converters as some say pq will be improved with scart to vga where as scart to component converter will not improve pq at all ?

9. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,208
    As i`ve mentioned above having used both the RGB-Component and RGB-VGA converters the later deffinately had the edge in picture quality.

It wasn`t a massive difference but it was plain to see !