3805 an additional speaker setup

E

erez

Hi

I got 3805 that runs today in the living room with 5.1 speakers.

I want to install another 2 speakers in the balkonu and that i can control to listen in the living room or in the balkony for the same sources . i dont need another IR link only speakers ( 2 stereo only ) .

is it posibble ?

tia

Erez

Hi

You can assign the Surround Back amps to power a pair of speakers in another room. Bear in mind only analog sources will work though.

Jase, if erez only wants to listen to the same source on the mains or the second pair, then if he wired up as if for bi-amping, then the source could be digital as the pre-out would provide the analogue signal for the 2nd pair? A bit of a kludge, but who knows!!

Just thinking about my bi-amp set up, the bass drivers are driven by the analogue signal from the pre-out to the VDP (as per audioholics set up guide for bi-amping) and hence works when the source is digital. So if instead of taking the bi-wire/bi-amp connections to the bass drivers on my speakers, I just routed them another pair of speakers then it would work. IMO of course!

I have the same problem. I want to send analog and digital input sources to a pair of speakers on my covered patio.

I had them connected to Surround Back/Multi Zone & got no sound when I set Zone 2 up in POWER AMP Assign menu. Must have been because my source was digital. I will want to send stallite radio to those speakeres so it's a delimma.

What I did was connect the patio speakers to Surround "B" then set them to only work with 5 channel stereo (A+B). Now I can listen to stereo on the patio from the same source but the problem is I have to have the main room on 5 channel stereo (can't only have 2 channel stereo - mains only).

Any suggestions?

i run ipod into the cd input for stereo music, will i be able to use back speaker as zone a and play it? or is that a digital no-go?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom