3803???

keyser

Standard Member
Reaction score
I´m thinking of uppgrading my Denon 3802 to a 03. When is the 03 due out in europe.. and have they fixed the video upconversion problems for the euro units(I think they have fixed it now in the usa)??

It's supposed to be launched at the Bristol show this Friday/weekend. But when that means stock will be available I do not know. Anybody?

Do you know about the video upconversion bug.. if they have fixed it, I think the fix(whish had to be done in a repair shop) in the usa is very recent.

I don't but they'd be pretty stupid to launch the model here without the fix. Pt yourself in their shoes. Would you? now you know about it.

Well there have been tons of products that are released here with bugs, and even though the manufactuers know about the bug(croma bug etc), and Denon don´t have a brilliant track record either. Thats why I asked.

Point taken. I guess only time will tell. Pop along to Bristol and have a look for yourself and you could then ask the Denon PM while you are there.

Emmmm, I already have an AVR-3803 (bought from LEconcepts) and it does have the video up conversion (not that I have the component connections but do have a video -> S-video connection).

Seems to work fine without any problems as far as I can see.

IainC,

have you checked for the problem they reported over on the avsforum.. about a scrolling green line or something with component upconversion. Not all had it in the usa I think.

The sky box I have comes in over a Scart to video and audio phono connections and the TV is only connected via s-video and I've *never* ever seen *any* problems with it.

Only problems I had video wise on it were all my fault ;)

Must remember when setting everything up to also setup the TV's input to pick the s-video and not try and get the signal from the scarts ;) Had very dodgy looking signal to start with, then remembered the menu on the TV :blush: :laugh:

No problems since then.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom