1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3803 - Video inputs/outputs

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Bazza1400, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Bazza1400

Bazza1400
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

this is a question that I should prbably know the answer to but here goes.

I have a Sony TV with 1 No. RGB scart socket and 2 No. S Video Scarts

Reading the 3803 manual I think it suggests that I can connect from the component out on 3803 to the TV ( 3 phono's to the RGB Scart?) and I can then use the inputs available on the 3803 to do the following :-

Use the component in to the 3803 to connect to my DVD 2900 DVD player component output?

Use one of the S - Video inputs to connect my Sony Play Station (would this upmix the signal to component/RGB? and pass it through the component out /RGB scart into the TV?)

Use one of the S Video inputs/composite inputs for my music player it has an S video output/composite output (would this upmix the signal to component/RGB? and pass it through the component out/RGB Scart into the TV?)

What I am really trying to do is to get the very best signal from all of the components in the system - so any other suggestions would be helpful (other than having an RGB scart switch)

Many thanks for your help

Bazza

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Hi

Component and RGB are different things. Your TV will be expecting an RGB signal but the Denon will be outputting a Component signal so you won't get an image. If you want to run everything through your amp then to get it to work with your TV you'll have to use S-Video for all inputs and outputs. Another option is to connect the DVD player directly to the TV via RGB Scart and the Playstation and music player directly via S-Video cables.