1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3803 v 2011

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jbwingnut, Mar 4, 2003.

1. jbwingnut

jbwingnut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been reading through the forum concerning these two amps and still haven't fully made up my mind which one to go for. For the time being I'll be sticking to 5.1. The deciding factors are:
    I want to bi-amp my main front speakers which should improve the stereo mode sound (I hear the 2011 is not so good in stereo but was that bi-amped).
    I like the easy set-up function of the 2011 but is the 3803 still easy?
    I like the function on the 3803 that can improve lip sync (I have an early Pioneer DV-717 and Sky seems to be broadcasting out of whack a lot these days)
    I would prefer it in black but the 2011 seems to be silver only.
    What is the difference in quality between these two in all surround modes?

Any other help would be appreciated.

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    There are lots of threads comparing the 3803 and 2011 at avsforum

I don't know where you heard that the 2011 isn't good in stereo, I get the opposite impression.

I did a lot of reading about these receivers, they both seem to be very good. Get a demo if you can but otherwise make your decision on the features. I doubt you will be disapointed by either.

3. jbwingnut

jbwingnut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I still need to know for certain about whether the 3803 is a bit of a bugger for bi-amping, from what I've read about the Pioneer it can definitely assign the spare surround rears to be the front mains too.

4. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I've got a 2011 and was just about to go and buy some extra speaker cable so that I can try bi-amping the fronts using the Surround Back chanel. Don't know if I can live without the centre rear though..... :(

5. jbwingnut

jbwingnut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've actually decided on the 3803. The audio delay function did it for me and recently buying a plasma screen hasn't done the lip sync any favours. It's also in black. It's been on order now for 3 weeks through unbeatable and it's supposed to be in any day now!! It is supposed to be fairly easy to bi-amp but I'll see.

Cheers

John

6. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    You sure will get it soon.......i ordered mine about 3 weeks ago and it turned up friday......they must of just had a delivery.......have not had time to play with it yet........will unleash it from the box on monday, but have had a browse through the destruction manual and it looks a bit compliecated (compared to my sony 930), but i'm sure it will all fall into place once i start playing with it.........

7. jbwingnut

jbwingnut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chris,

Did you get any notification that it was going to be delivered because all that's come up on the "order tracking" is "processing completed"? I've had no e-mails from them about this.

John

8. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I had a card from Inital city link on friday...saying they had a parcel for me (i was out when they called)......
    I didernt know what it was, so checked my order status on unbeatable and it said the same as yours.

Went and collected it saturday morning and it was the amp.

9. jbwingnut

jbwingnut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had an e-mail from unbeatable - should be delivered tomorrow:D :D :D :D

John