1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3803 or A11SR?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Messiah, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Probably been asked in different ways before but cannot find a direct Q? So here goes.

I like the idea of the video upconvert feature of the 3803 and the assignable component inputs ( and of course the lower price) but should I go with the 3803 or plump for the (older spec) A11SR?

Thanks.

2. WSquared

WSquared

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I intend to ask the Denon Product Manager at the Bristol show when we can expect to see the replacement to the 11SR. That should be a very interesting product, hopefully at a reasonable price. It would be nice if it includes a digital input for high-res multichannel music along with THX Ultra2.

Denon should be demonstrating the 3803 at the Bristol Show since it is being officially launched into the UK there. Lets hope it sounds as good as it looks on paper.

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    ...and if existing A11SR's will be upgradeable to the new spec.

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    There was talk of the replacement for the 4802 (US spec A11SR) appearing later this year. Presumably it will be called the 4803.

I would imagine its unlikely that the current A11SR will upgraded to the newer spec if the US has already got this newer model planned.