1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3802 with Rotel PWR Amp

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by petrolhead, Mar 6, 2003.

1. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    In a quandry. Have the chance of 2 RB985MK II Rotel Pwer amps.

One is SH £410 inc 3 month Warranty the other Ex Dem £520 inc 2 yr Rotel Warranty.

Which would you buy.

My intention, long term, is to buy a processor and another 2 chl amp for rear effects but for the meantime will pair it up with my Denon 3802.

Will I nitice an improvement over the Denon Internat amp?

Will I be able to use the Rotel for L & R, CTR, SL & SR, and use the Denon for the surround rear?

Cheers

2. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i would say they are "overpriced" considering there is 985mk2 for sale on this forum for £325 , and forum member got 1075 for £466

these amps have "internal fuses " so if they overload etc they shut down,

i must admit it is reasuring to have a warrenty , but these are (power amps) unlike cd players etc not really full of moving parts

3. SpiderManPants

SpiderManPants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Afternoon,

I recently bought a 1075 off these very forums for £525, and am very happy with the results. I am currently using a 3801 as a processor, and am also thinking of utilising the Denon's 7.1 capability and using the rear channels.

My speakers are M&K S85's and are a 4 Ohm load which posed quite a problem for the Denon's amps. The Rotel is much better, the sound is so much more dynamic and less restrained.

You won't be dissapointed...

If you have any further questions just ask

Spidey

4. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    mick ... remember that these prices are from shops (I think) so you're bound to pay more than if you buy them privately.

petrolhead ... buy them both, bi-amp the front 3, single amp the rear 4 ... then in 2 years time you can see if it was worth spending the extra on the ex-dem on by if the s/h one has blown up!! :devil:

Vikki

5. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    soundog yes i saw the 985s on bada website, so i realize there dealers, but your proberbly paying a £150 premium for dealer +warrenty bit.