1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3802+rmb1075; av-11sr; rsp-1066+rmb1075????

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mutley, Sep 4, 2002.

1. mutley

mutley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Of these 3 options, what's the best (for home-cinema), if one of the three. (glad if you can give other solutions!)

1-Denon 3802/03 + Rotel RMB-1075

2-Denon AV-11SR

3-Rotel RSP-1066 + Rotel RMB-1075

Gear:
    Arcam diva cd62
    b&W 603 s3
    b&w 601 s3
    b&w lcr600
    Rel Q150
    Pioneer 717 (until denon 3800)
    Sony kv28fx60 (until 42-44" rptv)

2. sraper

sraper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Wish I knew :)

I am also considering these options. But trying to move house and buying a car has somewhat halted my current upgrade attempts. I may even have to consider the option of the Denon 3802/3 only or maybe buy the Rotel 1066 to partner with my existing Sony 925 amp.

3. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I haven't listened to the A11SR, though I had the predecessor, the A10SE, and I thought that was very good indeed.
    If I had the money, though, I would go for the Rotel Combo. The power amp is very good and previous processors from the company have been, though somewhat quirky to use, good too. Personally I am not a great fan of the Denon 380x series, preferring Harman/Kardon or Yamaha.
    Going of Rotel's previous form, they tend to release an integrated amp that combines a broadly similar processing stage to their processors. For example, the RSX-972 used the RSP-976 as its processing stage. I should expect that the RSX-1065 uses the processing innards of the RSP-1066 that you mention, which combined with a high current toroidal power supply as found in the 1075, should be a good deal. I think the amp is ~£1600.
    I like Harman/Kardon, so I would be listening to the AVR7500, or forthcoming 8500, too. I think the 8500 is similar in spec to the american AVR8000, though I can't be sure.

Russell

4. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting the Rotel RMB-1075 at the end of the week, initially it will provide power to the Yam DSP-A1 but a 7.1 processor will be next on the shopping list. I've read reports that the RMB-1075 uses so much current it really needs it's own supply rather than the ring main of your room, can anyone confirm this as Rotel's site says nothing about it :eek:

5. seven

seven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The rotel RSP-1066 and RMB-1075 combination perform really well with the B&W 600 series, good match for multi and 2 channel in my experience.

6. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Not sure if this helps but I have just changed from a Rotel RSP 976 and RB985 MKII Processor/Power combo to a Denon A11SR

Rotel better with music, Denon better with movies

good luck - nice choice to have

7. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Apocalypse.
    I would be inclined to say the "statement" regarding the 1075 requiring a dedicated supply is somewhat "fanciful".
    I use 2 of the 985 (the 1075 in an older box more or less) and a 993 : 10 x 100 watts and 3 x 200 watts and indeed on turn on my lights do dim momentarily but this is simply due to the large capacitors sucking up the juice on start up, and indeed my properties inherent volt drop problem due to me being on the end of the "branch".
    In real world terms if you have a dedicated ring for your H.C (which should really be considered as essential anyway) you could run 10 1075's without incidence.

Steve.
    I am an engineer for credential reference with a very good "idea" of domestic electrical supplies.

8. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I certainly hope so Steve as I've ordered the RMB-1075 now and it has to share about 19 appliances in my ring main but most are low usage equipment like a VCR, DVD, Alarm clock etc so fingers crossed. If there are any problems I'll of course post them on this forum though. Thanks for the reply Steve :)

9. boogie man

boogie man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Apocalypse.

you will not have any cause for alarm it is a very very great power amp, i had the rb 1070 & the rmb 1075 running with no faults at all which i had on loan, i was so inpress by them i got the 1070 ,with movies you will be blown away by the power & control, i am running the 1070 for the front's & using the Avc A1 SE power amps to do the others runnnig 7.1 .

happy hunting

boogie man