1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3802 not seeing digital optical input

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Miniholic, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Just got my hands on a freeview box (Pioneer) with an optical digital output, but my 3802 refuses to play a note. Tried hooking my PS2 up and it won't see that either. I'm using S-video and getting a picture ok, its just the sound that isn't happening.

I have got the correct inputs assigned on the amp, and all connections seem good. I've checked that the output from the pioneer, and the toslink cable are both ok using other equipment and everything points to the inputs on the Denon being faulty, or at least not configured correctly.

I've had ithe amp since launch so the warranty is well and truly expired, so I'm hoping that I've missed something really obvious (not used the optical before as I never had the cables, so it might never have worked :rolleyes: ).

Have done a search on here, but not come across anything I haven't tried already. The only thing I've not tried is initializing it, but want to leave that as a last resort.

Any ideas? :lease:

2. croozer

croozer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    on my denon which is a basic model the availlability of the optical inputs is accessed through the amps' menu,either on or off.

3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,490
    I have a 3802 aswell and one of my optical inputs just doesn't work. Assuming you have turned it on in the setup menu, try a different optical input and see if that works.

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +933
    Might be worth trying a Processor Reset. Check the manual (under Processor Re-Initialisation) for the actual button press combination as it's been a while since I did it on my old 3801. Usually involves holding down two buttons on the front panel whilst turning the power button on. Bear in mind that this resets everything back to the defaults so you'll have to redo all your speaker settings, channel levels, delay times etc etc.