1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3802 headphone problem

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Doug, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Doug

Doug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Guys

I have a niggly little problem with my 3802, in that sometimes I only get sound from the left channel out of the headphone socket. The first time I tried it was left only, a few days later I was playing around with the numerous settings and got sound from both channels, then a few days later left only again? I know it's not my headphones as I have a mini system to test these on and they work fine there.

Is there maybe some setting I am overlooking?

Thanks

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All i can see that you have to do is, connect headphones to front panel and press the OUTPUT button on the remote. Don't know if source/settings would affect headphones.

3. Doug

Doug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Bob, yes I've done that yet still only get left channel. Weird?? Well I'll try fiddling around again tonite, the thing that's confusing me is that it has worked before

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +933
    Could be dust in the socket or maybe its a loose connection inside, give it gentle wiggle and see what happens.

5. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I presume you get normal sound from the speakers. And you have thoroughly checked your headphones and any 5 to 3½ headphone converters you may be using (you mention a mini system and I suspect this has 3½ socket as opposed to the AVR's 5mm.

If so, do a system reset of the unit's microprocessor – Switch the unit off (at the wall), hold down the AUTO and PCM buttons and switch the unit back on (the entire display should flash) and release the AUTO and PCM buttons.

You'll loose all your settings though – it will revert to a state as it was when you took it out the box.

If that does not work, contact your supplier.

Mark

6. Doug

Doug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mark & Jase I'll give yr suggestions a go tonite..
    Mark, yes I am getting normal sound from the speakers, and the mini system is a 3.5. Could it be the 5mm converter? I guess I'll have to test the headphones on some other amp to rule out that possibility.

Thanks for your help :)