1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3802 Fault?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Sheks, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Sheks

Sheks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hello all,

Hoping someone can help with a possible fault/setup question I have with a Denon 3802.

I am using the s-video switching on the receiver, as I need to pass video signals fom my DVD player, X-Box and PS2 to my TV and projector.

I have the TV plugged into the monitor outlet - which works fine, but I am not getting any output from either of the other two s-video outlets. I have tried swapping the TV and projector outlets (so that the pj acts as the monitor), so I know the pj input is working fine.

Do I have a faulty 3802 or am I missing something in the instructions?

Apart from this fault(?) I find the 3802 to be a huge improvement over my old Sony 925, PLII is great, and it sounds much better in plane stereo.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Colin

2. Paden

Paden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hello Colin

When you say
    "I have the TV plugged into the monitor outlet - which works fine"
    Do you mean that you can only see the amps OSD?
    Don't want to teach you to suck eggs :) but are all your sources outputting s-video & connected to the s-video inputs on your amp?
    You can't mix & match composite & s-video inputs.
    I hooked my sons X-box through my amp & he had to configure something in its set-up menu to enable the s-video output. Other than that there wasn't a problem.

Cheers, Paul

3. Sheks

Sheks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes I am only using s-video connections (not composite or component).

The OSD is visible working through the monitor connection (according to the manual the OSD is only visible through the monitor connection), I can also watch DVD's and consoles through the monitor connection, but I cannot view anything through the other two s-video outputs. I think I have a faulty 3802, but before I send it back to the shop I was wondering if other 3802 owners are experiencing similar problems.

Colin

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Sheks

Strange one this, I tried to setup my Sony 925 last week, I wanted to use the s-video out on my amp also, it would only work with monitor out, I wanted to loop sky (into s-video vcr 2 on the amp) through the amp, so that I could record in s-video on my S-vhs deck, it woudn't work no picture or sound, I then tried connecting the monitor out from the amp into my vcr and it worked fine.
    It should have worked using the vcr 2 for looping sky in and out but it woudn't, so maybe my sony amp has the same fault as your Denon.
    Or are we missing something :confused:

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    add my tuppance worth

Tonight I changed a few connections round on my 2802 Its now hooked up like this

Sky RGB straight into the TV, sound interconnects into tv on the Amp

DVD SVHS to SVHS into dvd SOCKET on the AMP, dVD sound into digital coax on amp

My SVHS vcr, is interconnect and SVHS Lead both into VCR 1 on the amp

and it seems to be all working as it should