1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3801and "signal detect"

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by tony m, Feb 5, 2001.

1. tony m

tony m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    having had the 3801 for a week very pleased i am.but he says..playing T2 in dts it correctly displays es matrix and the led shows signal detect as does seven with es discrete .but R2 gladiator dts shows nothing no signal detect only dts in the display and in dolby digital nothing on any of the movies in the way of signal detect.. any ideas would be very welcome

2. Tony McG

Tony McG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to know this as well! If my local dealer will let me I'm going to try my R1 T2 with a couple of his Denon amps....I'll let you know what happens.

3. pauld

pauld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also having this same problem, Please let me know if anybody has the solution.

Thanks, Paul.

4. Tony McG

Tony McG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My local dealer wouldn't let me play my copy of T2 but explained that I have to manually select "6.1 surround" when playing DD EX.

Unlike DTE ES the marker isn't there so the amp won't pick it up automatically.

When I tried this at home the centre rear channel was there but not as good as DTS ES, and Gladiator has DTS Discrete rather than T2 with DTS Matrix/DD EX

5. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know i'm a bit late jumping on this bandwagon, but I think it's got something to do with "flagging" on the disc itself.
    My Onkyo TX DS 787 will not pick any EX/ES material automaticaly and has to be left in "THX SurrEX ON" mode all the time.
    On older Lexicon processors that have been upgraded to EX, you only have the choice for "on/Off" only.
    Region 2 gladiator is EX/ES matris. The signals are burried in the rear L/R channels and are decoded by amp. Other EX discs include The Bone collector, Hollow Man, End of days(the best EX track ever) and Perfect Storm. Out of all these, only Perfect Storm actually advertise the fact that is EX.
    Leave you EX setting to ON. It works wonders wit Plain Old Dolby Digital.

6. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Yes, it's all down to the DD EX/dts ES flag set in the meta data of the track. It will be there in the future (may already for latest releases), on my two R1 dts Discreet ES disks - Gladiator and The Haunting, the flag is present. Gladiator on R2 is dts Matrix ES.
    Mark B

[This message has been edited by MarkB (edited 23-02-2001).]