37X3030DB - Problem with scrolled text

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by aa999uk, Sep 20, 2007.

Tags:
  1. aa999uk

aa999uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I had just decided that this LCD was the set for me when I happened to seitch to Sky News. This has the latest news items scrolling along the bottom of the picture.
    The effect was very strange. The text entered the screen from the right and seemed to be entering at a faster pace and in larger text. It then shrank in size and then proceeded along the bottom of the screen in normal format. It then did the same in reverse as it exited bottom , speeding up and getting larger
    I probably haven't described this very well but the visual effect was very strange and very noticable so hopefully someone will know what I am getting at. I checked other Toshiba models in the shop and all seemed to do the same. Other makes didn't have this effect.
    Has anyone come across this problem and can it be corrected.
    I'm a novice in this field so simple answers please.
    Thanks for any advice you can give.

2. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    This is a straight forwardfeature of the TV and nothing to worry about. What it is is that the widescreen mode is set to 'Smart'. It means that when a non-widescreen signal is shown etc, it would normally not be wide enough for the edges of the screen.

To deal with this there are various options:
    1> Zoom in on the picture so that the width of the image covers the width of the screen (but you'll be chopping off the top and bottom of the picture this way as they are off-screen.

2> Stretch the picture's width to cover the width of the screen. This makes everything look un-naturally wide and celbrieties look like they're all wider than they really are.

3) Stretch the picture, but do this iwth the edges more so that whats important (normally at the centre of the screen) isn't affected as mujch by the stretching of the picture.

Next time you go back to that set and news is on etc, ask someone to switch through the 'aspect ration' settings etc and you'll see what I mean (you'll normally get options of 16:9, 4:3, Smart, and various other modes). They're just different options of dealing with a non-widescreen picture.:lesson:

Hope that covers off your worry on this, but if not ask away.

Dan.

3. aa999uk

aa999uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this. I have bought the set and it is superb. The problem is not present so thanks again

4. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Glad to hear it aa999uk:smashin:

Dan.