37X3030D is it worth buying<<??

pointbreakuk

Standard Member
Reaction score
hello is this set any good????want it 4 blue ray,sky hd and dvd.

please pass on any comments.

can get it from currys for £750

Very good 1080p tv for this uses.It worth the money!!(and very good price too)

i have read in th 3030 thread it sometimes has issues with displaying blueray dvd.iwas looking at the 40 inch samsung but there seems to be too many firmware issues to gamble.you sure this tv is good???i think it will have better sound than lg also

Yep unfortunately there is no tv that has NO issues yet!!!!Anyway I believe that the posibilities for a faulty X3030 are small.

whats the 1080 37 samsung like??????do you think the toshiba is too big to view from 3m??

Very good too(but with some bugs,many of them fixed with fw updates).At this distance is very good.

i find all this very frustrating.the samsung has better contrast ratio but there seems more faults with samsung in these forums

Rather than just look at figures and ratio why not haul yourself down to your local highstreet, have a look at them and see what your eyes tell you.

Be sure to ask if you can have a fiddle with the settings though as a lot of places don't really bother setting them up properly, they just unpack them and that's it.

If you want to go for the 37X3030D model check out dixons before you buy:

£753.70 + £16.95 Delivery

2.5% off code: Disc01

Free Delivery code: Freedel07

£10 off (£300 minimum spend) code: Kel10

Would bring it down to £724.86 Delivered :)

I have this TV, very very happy with it , I use it with a PS3 for blu ray and the PQ is awsome.

It doesn't have true 24 FPS capabilility although I cant see this suppposed dredded judder anyway.

Free view PQ took me by suprise as it really is good , better than my sky+ with a QED scart cable (sky is v good too, but the FV PQ is just a bit better)

I would highly recommend this TV, I am very very happy with my choice

Had to laugh, went to Comet today to have a look at LCD TVs, they had the 37X3030 in the line of TVs marked as 1080p capable. The thing is the 37X3030 was showing ITV2 and frankly looked bloody horrible but the daft thing was they had a HD-DVD player hooked up to it and weren't even showing it. Anyway I couldn't resist so changed the input to the HD-DVD one and voila, stunning picture! I despair to be honest, the muppets that work in these places haven't got a clue how to sell the TVs on display. I swear to god they'd sell twice as many if they just made a bit of effort making sure they had a HD source playing on them. How difficult can it be?

Had to laugh, went to Comet today to have a look at LCD TVs, they had the 37X3030 in the line of TVs marked as 1080p capable. The thing is the 37X3030 was showing ITV2 and frankly looked bloody horrible but the daft thing was they had a HD-DVD player hooked up to it and weren't even showing it. Anyway I couldn't resist so changed the input to the HD-DVD one and voila, stunning picture! I despair to be honest, the muppets that work in these places haven't got a clue how to sell the TVs on display. I swear to god they'd sell twice as many if they just made a bit of effort making sure they had a HD source playing on them. How difficult can it be?

Aye, it's a one stop journey from the School of Muppetry and arriving at Comet. :rotfl:

thanks for the info guys,i must admit i was most impressed with the currnt lg 37 inch and the samsung 37 inch in the shop but there seems to be too many bugs with them in these forums.i have a toshiba in my conservatory for 13 years and never had any problems.like you say is it the muppets in the shop who dont set them up right.

can you tell me what the realistic viewing angle is on this tv as i will be wall

mounting.

cheers.

ps.whats the standard sound like on this set???i have heard its ment to be great compared to other tinny sets

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom