• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

37WLT58 issue with PC

A

aatish

i just bought this tv from my brother to use it as a TV and PC monitor

i have connected my pc which runs XP with HDMI not VGA

but now i have a problem.

i left the pc on and turned the LCD off to go to the shop for some milk.
when i got back, i had a black screen, i thought it might be the screensaver, so i moved the mouse pressed the keyboard nothing happed. so i had to restart the pc and it worked.

then i looked a bit deeper, and pressed the AV button to switch to telly, then back to HDMI and the screen went black again, in a matter of 20 second.

anyone know whats goin on, as i dont want to keep restarting the PC

please help

Dankeech

i just bought this tv from my brother to use it as a TV and PC monitor

i have connected my pc which runs XP with HDMI not VGA

but now i have a problem.

i left the pc on and turned the LCD off to go to the shop for some milk.
when i got back, i had a black screen, i thought it might be the screensaver, so i moved the mouse pressed the keyboard nothing happed. so i had to restart the pc and it worked.

then i looked a bit deeper, and pressed the AV button to switch to telly, then back to HDMI and the screen went black again, in a matter of 20 second.

anyone know whats goin on, as i dont want to keep restarting the PC

please help

It's quite likely your TV has a setting for power management that is currently set to dim/power off etc if on an AV input with no movement (ie windows desktop wallpaper etc).

Have a look in power management menu and see if there's any auto-off options etc.

Sorry, I don't have a Toshiba TV myself to check against.

Dan.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom