37pw7b-what will i need?

M

myszka

Hi
I am likely to purchase the 37 or the 42 fro RS tomorrow.
I need to work out what i will need for connction to my proposed av equipment.
I WONT be using Sky so I am not too worried about hdmi connectivity though i may be interested when xbox2 comes out!
I use a humax pvr800[?] for digital tv.
I will be buying the pio 575a and a pio 502 reciever for av needs.Probably get the Canton cd1 with the cd50 "upgrade" speakers.
I could start by running everything through scart? and i think the Panny already comes with a scart connection at RS.Was thinking about ordering the Panny from AV sales but cost AND lacklustre assessments of the "free" tuner put me off.
Do i really need to buy any other connections to start off with?I know there is the component option but that could wait for additional funds.
Sorry if the questions i am asking are basic or have been asked before but i have read so many threads and have difficulty holding the information in them!
regards
Myszka

zest

Standard Member
several ways of connection, use a quintro+ box with scart, or a js rgb>vga and scart switcher for best pq.

M

myszka

zest said:
several ways of connection, use a quintro+ box with scart, or a js rgb>vga and scart switcher for best pq.
Hi
I was hoping,in order to save money at this stage,that I could connect the humax digi box to the Pio av amp and the amp to the Panny via scart.
Am i making a fundamental error here?

zest

Standard Member
that will work fine, some people find the scart image to be slightly soft so use a js rgb>vga converter.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom