1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

37PV500 or 42PV500?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by AA!, Jul 16, 2005.

1. AA!

AA!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I've decieded after watching a 42PV500 that it's a PV500 I want.
    My problem is that I live in a small house and I have about 2-2,5 meters between the couch and the wall and I don't know if that's too short for a 42". Maybe a 37" would be the right choice?
    Is there any difference in picture quality between the 37" and the 42"?
    Unfortunately the stores around my home here in Sweden don't have the 37" for demonstration.

I will mostly watch cable tv with the plasma.

Cheers,

AA!

2. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,596
  3. MokerJoker

MokerJoker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Viewing distance is not the only thing that matters. Of course, you don't want to get too close, especially for normal TV viewing. But you get used to the size, no matter if you buy a 37" or 42". I am sitting 4m away, but since I didn't want to wall mount mine, I bought a 37". The casing of a 42" would be too big. If I was going to wall mount it, I'd probably go for the 42".

4. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    I sit about 2m from a 32" plasma, any closer and I can see the pixels but at this distance it's fine. To some extent the minimum distance has to be down to your own eyesight.

5. k0rn

k0rn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have exactly 2,5m and I went for the 37PV500... I think the 42 would have been too big for me.

You won´t see any pixels from 2m, but it´s just that the 42 would be too big IMO. But some people tend to think that the more the better... I think your choice should be related to your own taste and room specifications..