37PV500 or 42PV500 Question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by blammer, Nov 6, 2005.

1. blammer

blammer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, first of all excuse my lack of technical knowledge and total ignorance of all new TV technology.... only just getting into home cinema stuff.

today i will bite the bullet and go for one of these in order to replace my howling 14" samsung portable that has been sitting in the living room for two months now since my old philiips widescreen blew up.

both of these would fit the room perfectly and will be using the ped stand. the tv will be used for normal SD viewing, Sky+. Also want to make the most of Sky HD and especially XBOX 360 when they become available.

now the only technical difference between these two (as far as i can see) is the resolution... 37" is a 1024x720 pixels whilst the 42" is 1024x768 pixels.

Will there be any noticeable difference in PQ between these two ???

The 37" is pretty much the top end of my budget right now, but if the 42" is in anyway better then I would have no problems spending the extra money as it would be justified.

B.

2. pixelated

pixelated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    As far as I'm aware (for DVD anyway) they're pretty much the same quality... anyone confirm? :) I have the TH42PV500 connected via HDMI from a Denon 3910, it's top - the screen size if you have the room is always worth it too :)

3. mal60908

mal60908

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think you will see any difference due to the res.
    The 37 will probably look a better picture due to the picels being smaller, it depends how far away you are planning to sit.

I would personally go for 42" if you can fit it in, 37" will soon look small.

4. acrmorris

acrmorris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You also get more for your money going for the bigger screen - 22% greater surface area for around of 13% more cost if anyone's interested!