37PV500 - is this a good price?

pete s

Been seriously considering taking the plunge for a while now, just need to scrape together the cash. My efforts to delay it for a while were not helped by a visit today to my local '[email protected]'.

Their advertised 'Winter Oplympics Savings' had the 37PV500 priced at £1749, plus £100 for the pedestal stand I would need. This includes 3 years parts/labour/callout warranty (they have their own repair workshop on the premesis), or £129 extra to take it up to 5 years. All this was available at 12 months 0% credit. The salesman couldn't say ow much longer the 'offer' price would be available.

To me, this seemed a good deal. Nice also that it was a local shop.

What do you think? :)

KinkyAffro

Novice Member
pete s said:
Been seriously considering taking the plunge for a while now, just need to scrape together the cash. My efforts to delay it for a while were not helped by a visit today to my local '[email protected]'.

Their advertised 'Winter Oplympics Savings' had the 37PV500 priced at £1749, plus £100 for the pedestal stand I would need. This includes 3 years parts/labour/callout warranty (they have their own repair workshop on the premesis), or £129 extra to take it up to 5 years. All this was available at 12 months 0% credit. The salesman couldn't say ow much longer the 'offer' price would be available.

To me, this seemed a good deal. Nice also that it was a local shop.

What do you think? :)

You've probably seen the latest post in the JL Pricematch thread by Kiwinabd already but if not -
£1499 + £99.95 for ped and includes 5 year warranty of course.
Seems a far better deal than the panny shop one (you'd be paying £1978 with the 5 year right?). Unless of course you feel the shop being local and having it's own workshop is worth the £380 extra you'd be paying. I'd try for the JL pricematch personally.

pete s

Blimey.. that is cheap. Prices seem to be coming down all the time. I hadn't seen the JL Price Match response until you mentioned it!

Still have to convince myself now is the time to buy. Also not 100% sure whether to get the 37 or the 42. I ust think the 42 may end up looking waaaay to big in my living room (room is approx 4m x 5m and viewing distance is approx 3m).

HeweyBoy101

pete s said:
Blimey.. that is cheap. Prices seem to be coming down all the time. I hadn't seen the JL Price Match response until you mentioned it!

Still have to convince myself now is the time to buy. Also not 100% sure whether to get the 37 or the 42. I ust think the 42 may end up looking waaaay to big in my living room (room is approx 4m x 5m and viewing distance is approx 3m).

Took delivery of my 37PV500 yesterday. I sit 2.5m from screen - At 3m you may be OK with 42". Beware however (and I speak from experience) - if you get too big a screen it will completely ruin your enjoyment.

As for the 37" - I am delighted - it has exceeded my expectations in every department. I had a Philips 37" plasma previously, and the improvement in contrast alone is exceptional (and my Philips was only 2 years old). I am a fussy git, and essentially I bought into plasma 2 years too soon. The technology is now at a standard that I demand - to my eyes I now have a 37" image which is every bit as good as any CRT I have owned in the past.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom