1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

37pv500 fit in car??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by tim k, Jun 27, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wanna get one of these but my dad is paying on his card and we need to get it there and then and drop it at mine before he drives back to his place down south.

I have a punto, would it fit in the back with the seats down?? Dad has a 3 series saloon??

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +721
    It would probably fit lying down, but as far as I know lying down is definately NOT how you should transport a Plasma. They should be transported upright so as not to distort the panel or worse crack the glass.

You probably won't have sufficient headroom to transport it in the correct manner, and I think you'd be a bit silly to risk it lying down.

Wasn't it Tiny who regularly delivered cracked plasma's?.... I wonder why that might be.....
    However, AV-Sales seem to have a very good reputation with Plasma's, and I believe they use a carrier who actually know how to deliver them safely.

3. k0rn

k0rn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 37PV500 fits in my Audi A3 just fine. :clap:

4. orange66

orange66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in the box, probably not. It needs to keep upright. Out the box standing, it should do no problem. Seat belts in the back plus lots of padding?

5. MokerJoker

MokerJoker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    As it happens, I have the box nearby: Its size is about 115x45x80 cm (rounded up in inches: 46x18x32, length x depth x height).

6. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats wkd thanks guys, all now just to persuade the old man!!

7. billgreenwood

billgreenwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jvwaard kindly gave you the box dimension, but remember you will have to get this sized box angled into the rear seat. Unless the doors open fully - which i doubt. Maybe even moving the front seats forward. Before attemting this make sure that you can get the box in ect.

Last week i had the same issue., my pal and i couldn't get my 42 inch LG into his car. We removed the sleeve of the box and some internal packaging in the street before being able to carefully manouvure it onto the rear seat. STILL WORKS. PHEW.. Bill