1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

37PF9986 questions

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by beavis99, Dec 4, 2004.

1. beavis99

beavis99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

First post to AVForums but following it lots! We bought the Philips 37inch LCD (9986) only a couple of days ago and its been fantastic, really good picture quality! Our ntl digital box and Pioneer DVD player are connected via RGB and video on composite scart. A few minor niggles though:

1) Is there any way to force the TV show the picture in its original format, that is if the source picture is 16:9 widescreen, it shows that, but if it's 4:3, it shows black bars down the sides of the screen? Leaving it to Auto does sometimes crop the picture when you don't want to, as does all the other modes. I could leave it to widescreen, but if a 4:3 programme is on, it stretches the picture.

2) What are the ideal settings for brightness/contrast and sharpness levels? (I know its a bit vague, but can't remember the correct way of adjusting it, something like set the contrast to full and adjust brighness to suit...)

3) Is there any way to show the volume bar on screen without showing the channel number? I know there was an issue with the 9976, but thought this may have been corrected in the newer models.

Thanks for all your help, I'm sure more questions will arise in time!

Beavis