37PF9986 - plagued by firmware troubles too?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by jasmer, Mar 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. jasmer

jasmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am about to purchase a 37PF9986. I know there have been many posts about firmware troubles on the 32'' version, and was wondering if the same issues apply to the 37'' model? I.e. should I be making sure the firmware is version 2.0 or greater?

Also - I have emailed about 10 online retailers asking them what firmware version I would get if I ordered with them. 7 didn't reply, 3 said 'they didn't know, and were not aware of any firmware problems and the LCD's should be fine'. Should I not be buying until they confirm the firmware or is that unreasonable of me?

Cheers,

Jason.

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I'm not sure if there are any v1.3 37" 9986's...Certainly the 37" seems to have had less trouble with buzzing and humming issues. Pretty sure you would get an OK one now anyway...

Jimmy

3. jasmer

jasmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks jimsan! BTW - you are it would appear the key player on the matter of 9986's on these forums - and I'm sure many like me appreciate your insights. I was just curious ... where do you know so much about these screens from!? Do you deal with them professionally?Cheers, Jason.