• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

37pf9986 DVI problem

Warp

Standard Member
Hi

I am on my 2nd 37pf9986 as the first one's second tuner was dodgy (only a pinky red colour came through).

I hooked up a Samsung HD745 DVD player last night with the DVI cable to find that I get a 1cm black border at the top and am missing some of the picture off the bottom. It looks like DVI output is not centred correctly. Even in the DVD player menu I get this, so I know it has nothing to do with the aspect ratios of films etc. It is worse when I use NTSC inputs such as my Xbox when the border at top is 1.5cm. I am getting the TV replaced again, but am happy to exchange until I get one that's perfect because I am very impressed with it (Halo2 looks stunning through the hi-def kit by the way).

Has anyone else had this problem with their DVI output?

richjthorpe

Established Member
Isn't there an option to move the actual image up, down, left or right on the tv ?

Warp

Standard Member
thanks. can you confirm that when you say use the arrows to move the picture this moves the TV output rather than the DVD player output?

If this is the case then Philps customer care is run by monkeys.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom