1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

37PF9986 Discontinued!? Can it be!?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jasmer, Mar 4, 2005.

1. jasmer

jasmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

After a good few weeks of reading, I finally decided to go for the 37PF9986 – but I am having a tough time locating one. I called around and was told by a sales guy at rgbdirect.co.uk that they have not had stock for a while and this may be due to Philips discontinuing the range very soon. Can it be?

:lease:

2. joker_zero

joker_zero
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  3. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    The new model is the 37PF9380 (along with 32" and 42" models) is out in late Summer/early Autumn. All 3 have HDMI and DVI-I connections - not sure about separate component video connectors though. Hope this helps.

Steve

4. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I don't think the 9986 is done yet. Pretty sure that they should be still reasonably available for a few months to come......then, when the 9380 shows up the 9986 will sadly be laid to rest......bwahhh!

Jimmy

5. MokerJoker

MokerJoker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Prices have come down again this week (£200-£300 for the 37"), a little over a month after the last price cut. Usually a sign that a new model is coming and stocks must be cleared out. Seems a bit early though, as the new models are announced for late summer.

Prices are getting 'low' enough for me to accept the connectivity issues on this Philips TV... Well, first I'll see what Panasonic is going to announce.

- Jerry