1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

37PF9986 anyone got one yet?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jackylad, Sep 1, 2004.

1. jackylad

jackylad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

Anyone seen these bad boys in the flesh yet?

BE Direct have them listed but not in stock, thinking about just ordering it and keeping my fingers cross that it work great with a PC input (DVI).

It's a right ball ache that Philips develops the screens with DVI input but can't answer the question:

Will this screen display a PC input at 1366 x 768, or is the fact that you state 1024 x 768 as the best setting for image quality basically going to give me a 4:3 picture?

Arghhhh.... Why have a native resolution of 1366 x 768 when you can't use the :censored: !!!

Anyway, the answer was, "We can't really comment as it will depend on your graphics card and the quality of your pc".

So, if I get a top quality PC set up do any of you think I could achieve a full screen picture from a PC input (via DVI) that isn't coupled by those F :censored: ing black bars.

Into my third month of looking for a large LCD soley for a PC input (MCE or something similar like Meedio) and its been a right pain in the arse.

To top it all off I've just spend 15 minutes on the phone to "I can't comment" Philips customer services and they gave me a phone number for a supplier of the 37PF9986 and they won't sell me one as the screens to big to deliver! :eek:

Something to do with Philips cancelling the home delivery support service or something. Got two different numbers off them though, one that never worked and one for a local dealer who'll probably try to pull my eyes out on price. God almighty, I'm glad I don't make it so hard for my customers to buy our services or I wouldn't have any dosh to buy a TV.

Any comments?