1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

37PF9986 and Component

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by zerolight, May 17, 2005.

1. zerolight

zerolight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I'm thinking of changing my order from a TH42PV500 plasma to a 37PF9986 LCD. I've read folk having problems connecting component into their 32PF9986 and that the required adaptors were also missing. Though I see that this has been mostly resolved via software updates.

Can anyone tell me if the same problem plagues the 37" model too, or hasa everyone recieved the adaptor cables and been able to connect component sources without problem. Does it only accept progressive component, and will it take RGB component too?

Thanks,

Graham.

2. steeled

steeled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi

I bought the 37PF9986 about a month ago and received the correct firmware and cables to connect component. It worked without any problem.

HTH

Dave

3. zerolight

zerolight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Cheers.

Did you go for the tabletop stand or did you wallmount it. ?

Graham.

4. steeled

steeled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi Graham

I use the desktop stand at the moment. I do not want to drill big holes in the wall at the moment.

As standard you only get the wall bracket. You have to pay extra for the stand. When I bought mine they were offering a free DVD Recorder - I perusaded them to drop the DVD recorder (I have a PVR) and give me the stand for free.

The desktop stand is quite wide (around 1000mm) as it is also intended for the 42" screens as well.

I failed to mention in my previous post that the included component lead is not very long. It is fine if you install your DVD player below the TV but if your DVD player is some distance away you will need a longer cable. I purchased a 3 phono to VGA cable from lektropacks.co.uk.

Cheer

Dave