1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

37pf9986 ambilight buzz

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Warp, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Warp

Warp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Has anyone got a 37pf9986 where that cannot hear the ambilight buzz from 3 metres away when the sounds is off? I think I may just have sensitive hearing.

2. lz1cam

lz1cam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    It is not only your ears but mine too... I really can hear the backlight system inverter duty cycle tone, plus the constant whistle of the power supply :-(
    I guess we have to live with that ...

3. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 37PF9986 Ambilight buzzes ("tizzes"?), but it's not too bad at my 2.7 metres viewing distance - and different settings of Ambilight produce different levels of buzz - so worth trying to minimise it by playing with the settings. For some reason maximum saturation red (palette and saturation both at "full") makes the least buzz on mine, although I prefer yellow!!
    Usually, with normal listening volumes, I forget about the buzz after a while (and, I too have fairly sensitive hearing). At least there's no "contrast" buzz!

4. rundmc51

rundmc51

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there is a mod that philips can do to reduce the noise. it is a known problem with the 9986 tvs, get in touch with philips

5. Warp

Warp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Phoned Philips..........they didn't know of any mod to reduce ambilight tizz noise level. Can you provide any more details?

6. Tony B

Tony B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    From ca 8ft, even with sound muted I cannot hear any buzz.
    If I get right next to the TV I can hear a slight buzz, but it is still less than the typical crt buzz you would expect from normal TVs.

I don't think I have a problem with my hearing, either....