1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

37PE30 v's 42PE30

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by no_mates, Jun 1, 2004.

1. no_mates

no_mates

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi All,

Over the last month or so I have been wavering on ordering a PW6 but now I've seen pictures of the new Viera I want one. I reckon the 42" is too big for my room, is the 37" identical spec except for screen size obviously? I can't actually see one in the flesh as no one in Northern Ireland seems to have one on display.
    Cheers Norm.

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,720
    37" is identical spec to the 42" viera but not the 42" PW6. The Viera has built in freeview and analogue tuners and scart/svideo/component connections i.e. it's more like a TV than the PW6 which is just a display basically. I'm also going for the 37" as the 42" is too big for my living room as it's going in the corner of the room, I've got a Sanyo Z2 and 6ft screen for the movie stuff so I just want the plasma for decent TV viewing and prog scan x-box gaming really.
    Hope that helps..

Cheers,
    Andy.

3. Nic H

Nic H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I also looked at these 2 over the weekend and I must say they are pretty sweet. I'm going with the 42" though. Now if I could just convince the missus. :nono:

4. no_mates

no_mates

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Cheers Andy,

Mine will go in the corner too hopefully, I say a 42" stuck in the corner of my mate's living room and it looked huge, and his room is a lot bigger than mine. Who are you buying from, I'm thinking AV-Sales but RS are cheeper? Bloke in a shop today hit me with the old Richer Sounds don't sell UK spec models blah de blah, what the real deal with them are they ok? I've spoke to AV-Sales before and they seem sound.

Norm.

5. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    try and price match either plasma at john lewis and get 5yrs waranty
    do a search on the forums for 42pe30 or john lewis deleviry for free
    thats were i got mine from

6. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,720
    Yeah, gotta admit I have more confidence in av-sales after sales than Richer Sounds. Having said that Richer Sounds are £250 cheaper. I'm going with av-sales anyway

Cheers,
    Andy

7. no_mates

no_mates

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Unfortunately there is no John Lewis in NI pity cos that seems a crackin deal. Wonder why Nexnix aren't stocking any yet. Quick browse on pricerunner shows that a couple of places are doing the 37" for 2249.

8. Pugwash

Pugwash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richer Sounds state on their site

" Please note: all our plasma screens are UK distributor's stock and have the manufacturers full at home back-up and support. Do not confuse our prices with those of grey imports widely advertised on the web."

Can anyone confirm wheteher Richer Sounds plasma screens are UK spec. I presume you just have to look out for the 'B' on the Panasonic model code

9. janmolby

janmolby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    From my experiences with RS, and from having spoken to the manager of my local store I think their service is pretty damn good considering how cheap they are.

If it weren't for the 5 year warranty with JL, i would've happily bought mine from RS!

10. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think Richer Sounds offer an excellent service and are extremely good value, I don't know why everyone slags them off so much, I used to buy all my stuff from them.

I got the 42" on Friday to replace my 32" Loewe Aconda and now I want a 50" it's great but certainly doesn't seem big at all, although everything else looks like a portable now. If I had room I'd get a 50". I love mine though, it looks absolutely goreous even when it's turned off, not looking forward to my huge electricity bill though.