37PD5200 help

P

Popey33

I have just bought an Hitachi 37" plasma mainly because there was insufficent room for a 42" screen.

The picture in the shop was superb, however after installation at home the SKY picture is not brilliant even with a £50 cambridge scart. Any reccomendations.

Also will I be able to receive SKY HDTV as you read so many conflicting stories.Any setup suggestions would be appreciated.
:lease:

It will get better over time. Mine did'nt look great at first but it should look better in 100 hrs or so. Whats the signal strength on your sky box?

Thanks for the info, signal strength is about 70%, not bad I suppose. I must admit it does seem to get better once it has been on for a while. 100hrs thats a lot of viewing.

it's probably less than a month at 3 or 4 hours a day

.. is your sky box set to rgb or pal? look on service menu picture settings.

Popey33 said:
I have just bought an Hitachi 37" plasma mainly because there was insufficent room for a 42" screen.

Also will I be able to receive SKY HDTV as you read so many conflicting stories.Any setup suggestions would be appreciated.
:lease:

Your 37PD5200 can accept HDTV signals and it capable of displaying them either via the 2 component inputs or via the DVI, as far as sky is concerned you will be able to view it Via the DVI or if you are an early adopter grab one with component outputs as they say the first batches will be equiped with those outputs, other than that using a HDMI output on the sky box-DVI an Adaptor is readilly as the HDMI connection is fully backwards capatable with DVI so therefore HDCP wont be a problem as it is also present on the 37PD5200 DVI Input. :smashin:

On another note how much did you pay for the 37PD5200? did you buy it from Richer sounds? just askin. :D

Take a looky at hitachi digital media dot com look in the customer support are for FAQ's regarding questions on your plasma you find all other answers there ok. :hiya:

Thanks for the HDTV info it was really usefull. Yeah picked up the plasma from Richer Sounds in Bristol, it was £1399, I wanted to go for the 42" 7200, but it would be way too big for our lounge. :smashin:

They sell a really nice stand for it for £99, bargain really compared to other stands available.

Popey33 said:
Thanks for the HDTV info it was really usefull. Yeah picked up the plasma from Richer Sounds in Bristol, it was £1399, I wanted to go for the 42" 7200, but it would be way too big for our lounge. :smashin:

They sell a really nice stand for it for £99, bargain really compared to other stands available.

Yeah this stand/support mallarky is really big nowadays,seems you have too prepare yerself for another £300-£400 if you listen too them after the fright of £££££££ for the plasma/lcd-do what i did got me stand from john lewis on offer £65.00 Kenmark BS approval 10mm glass 150lbs max wieght. :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom