37LG7000 strange behavour

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by giltic, Feb 7, 2009.

1. giltic

giltic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi to everybody! I am new to this forum and I am a new owner of LG LCD TV 37LG7000. I have serached the forum regarding my issue but I didn't totaly understand the answers.
    When I've read about ghosting problem with 42LG7000 I've paid attention and watched some sport to see, if I have the same problem.
    First I've watched ice hockey. When the camera zoom-in and there are just a few players on the screen the picture is fine. But when the camera zoom-out and a whole playground is on the screen and the players gets small, there is some ghosting around the players-especially around sticks. When the camera zoom-in, everything is fine again.
    Then I've watched soccer. The same thing here. When camera zoom out and the players get small there is some glow (or ghosting) around players. The legs of players didn't become green (as reported with 42LG7000), there is just a glow around the players.
    I couldn't find the same thing on movies or DVD movies. There was a scene in some movie with american football and the picture was fine with no ghosting.
    On other channel was athletics and there is also some ghosting around competitors when the camera shows zoomed-out pictures and the people moves fast (also happens on the public on the seats).
    What confuses me the most is, when I've switch to another channel and there was also soccer, there was no ghosting at all. This chanell has very quality picture.
    Is this ghosting related to the quality of channel (I mean; lower quality of picture - more ghosting)?
    As I have no experience with LCD TVs I must ask if this is common problem or this is just LG7000 issue?
    On the other hand I'm fully satisfied with this TV - TV movies and DVD movies plays just fine with crisp and sharp picture.
    Could this ghosting problem be solved with firmware update?
    Thanks for all the answers.

2. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    try turning the sharpness right down, this sometimes helps the "halo" effect,on poor quality channels.

3. giltic

giltic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the answer RottenFox;
    so...if I got it right this 'halo' effect appears on all LCD TV's watching lower quality channels - as comparing lower quality divx to DVD.
    I was afraid there is something wrong with the TV.

4. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    yes, its a similar effect to the divx halo, and sometimes made worse, by artificial sharpening,and processing, or indeed by poor quality channels/combination of both.