1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

37inch pana pw7 plasma £1199@richer sounds

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by SILVERBACK, Jan 2, 2005.

1. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
  2. gliderpilot925

gliderpilot925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I notice that the Pan TH37PW7 does not have a TV tuner. Is there a version that comes complete with TV tuner and all the scarts, aerial sockets and other bits that a "normal" TV has; or, is there a suitable separate tuner available ( perhaps with inbuilt digital box for freeview) and how would it be connected?

3. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    if you have sky then you wont need a tuner but for all the connections etc (scart rf) you will be lookinf for the "viera" range of the panasonic range as that is the same as the pw7 just with all the usual tv connections.do a search on the forum mate you will find tons of info.

4. gliderpilot925

gliderpilot925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Silverback, thanks for your answer. I was going to reply with (I don't have Sky; I do have freeview. I am aware of the Viera range, but what I don't know about is the item in question, which appears to be just a monitor. I was hoping that someone with experience of setting up a system might answer and give me some clues. So far I'm out of luck as the only reply I've had is yours, which seems at the end to be a gentle put down.) but that would just appear ungrateful.

5. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    basically mate you get nothing with the pw7 (i think you MIGHT get 1 scart connector) its more for the person who wants to do his own thing and buy the connections he wants etc.what equipment do you wanna connect to it ? tell you what PM me and we can keep this thread clear then.like i said though do a search in the plasma forum for setup or pw7 and you will get plenty of advice.

6. gliderpilot925

gliderpilot925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Silverback, I really don't have much of a clue about these things. I suppose I was looking for an easy fix. I know that I should really try harder and look around for myself, which I shall do. If I have problems I'll try to get back to you. Thanks, sincerely.

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    there is an external tuner PT600 for the 37" or get the 37PE30 which has everything including FV tuner and can be had for £2k ish with floor stand and a DVD recorder........
    NOTE RS deal is no input boards at all VGA only andRS cant supply the boards

8. AverageJoe

AverageJoe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is an excellent price. However, I read on one of the threads that you can't buy the boards on their own afterwards, you have to buy them when you buy the panel. If that's true, what use is a panel with no boards? If you can't get the boards separately, wouldn't you be better to buy panel and boards at same time from, say, AV sales and pay a bit more?

Tell me if you can get the boards separately and where from as I'm close to buying myself.

9. franc

franc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
  10. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54