37inch lcd for media center pc

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by AGS, Oct 24, 2005.

1. AGS

AGS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to get a 37inch lcd with input mainly from mce2005 pc [either via vga or dvi/hdmi] for tv, dvd, photographs but am quite confused my the multitude of threads talking about 1:1 pixel mapping, 4:3 stretching; video card output res etc etc. I just want something that looks right/good and uses the screen size as best as possible for whatever I'm viewing. I like the look and opinions on the Sharp gd7 and p50, and also the jvc dm6 [all black versus the ds6] but now worried what they'll look like with the mce feed. Any advice ?

2. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The current Sharp (HD ready ranges rather than the P50) looks stunning. We've just started stocking them and was so impressed I bought 26" one home to replace the Panasonic LCD we have in the bedroom.

3. jimbob19

jimbob19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I am using a Sharp LC37GA3E with my HTPC - have been for a year :thumbsup:
    It is running DVI from a passively cooled Nvidia 6600 at a native resolution of 1366x768 (that is 1:1 pixel mapping)
    I have no problems watching 16:9 DVD's or divx or normal TV through MCE
    MCE2005 has a stretch function built in for 4:3 16:9 smartzoom etc so should be able to accomodate your needs :hiya:

4. BryanKitts

BryanKitts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Presumably the LC-xxGD7E rather than the LC-xxGA6E? Don't suppose you know whether you can get 1-1 HDMI on either? Only mention I've found on these forums is one user confirming he could get 1-1 VGA on the LC-32GD7E.

5. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only had chance to check out the VGA connection so far. I'm waiting for some DVI-HDMI leads to come in before I try that. I'll let you know once they arrive (hopefully tomorrow or thursday) and I've had chance to try it out (every so slightly busy at the moment:eek: ). I see no readon why you shouldn't be able to get 1:1 pixel mapping though given the native res of 1366 x 768