1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

37inch lcd for media center pc

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by AGS, Oct 24, 2005.

1. AGS

AGS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to get a 37inch lcd with input mainly from mce2005 pc [either via vga or dvi/hdmi] for tv, dvd, photographs but am quite confused my the multitude of threads talking about 1:1 pixel mapping, 4:3 stretching; video card output res etc etc. I just want something that looks right/good and uses the screen size as best as possible for whatever I'm viewing. I like the look and opinions on the Sharp gd7 and p50, and also the jvc dm6 [all black versus the ds6] but now worried what they'll look like with the mce feed. Any advice ?

2. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The current Sharp (HD ready ranges rather than the P50) looks stunning. We've just started stocking them and was so impressed I bought 26" one home to replace the Panasonic LCD we have in the bedroom.

3. jimbob19

jimbob19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I am using a Sharp LC37GA3E with my HTPC - have been for a year :thumbsup:
    It is running DVI from a passively cooled Nvidia 6600 at a native resolution of 1366x768 (that is 1:1 pixel mapping)
    I have no problems watching 16:9 DVD's or divx or normal TV through MCE
    MCE2005 has a stretch function built in for 4:3 16:9 smartzoom etc so should be able to accomodate your needs :hiya:

4. BryanKitts

BryanKitts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Presumably the LC-xxGD7E rather than the LC-xxGA6E? Don't suppose you know whether you can get 1-1 HDMI on either? Only mention I've found on these forums is one user confirming he could get 1-1 VGA on the LC-32GD7E.

5. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only had chance to check out the VGA connection so far. I'm waiting for some DVI-HDMI leads to come in before I try that. I'll let you know once they arrive (hopefully tomorrow or thursday) and I've had chance to try it out (every so slightly busy at the moment:eek: ). I see no readon why you shouldn't be able to get 1:1 pixel mapping though given the native res of 1366 x 768